NOTICE: Some camp days are now waitlisted.
Please note on your registration form if you would like to be added to the waitlist on a particular day. You will be notified by staff if the camp day becomes available.
The following camps are FULL:
- Bayfield Week 1 (July 11–15)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 2 (July 18–22)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 3 (July 25–29)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 4 (August 2–5)—Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 5 (August 8–12)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 6 (August 15–19)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Bayfield Week 7 (August 22–26)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hensall Week 1 (July 11–15)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hensall Week 2 (July 18–22)—Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hensall Week 3 (July 25–29)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Hensall Week 4 (August 2–5 Short Week)—Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Hensall Week 5 (August 15–19)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hensall Week 6 (August 15–19)—Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hensall Week 7 (August 22–26)—Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Our day camp offers children fun-filled activities all summer long! Through exciting and active adventures, new friends, and caring staff, children will create wonderful memories that last a lifetime.
Each week camp staff plan a variety of themed activities and games. On the Monday of each week, a letter will be sent home with parents/guardians outlining the weekly theme and some of the special activities planned. Activities include outdoor adventures, visits to the splash pad, crafts, games, sports, guest speakers and trips.
Bluewater’s day camp serves children ages 4 to 12. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by December 31. Campers must be fully toilet trained to attend camp programs.
Our staff to camper ratio is 1:10. All day camp staff are first aid and CPR certified and must complete a successful criminal reference check. Staff training includes, but is not limited to, program planning, inclusion, behavioural management and High Five Principles of Healthy Childhood Development.
A camper and family handbook is available for all day campers and will be sent out to registered participants. If you need more information about day camp, please contact the day camp coordinator.
We are offering two day camp locations for 2022. They are:
- Hensall Arena, 157 Oxford St. W., Hensall ON N0M 1X0
- Bayfield Arena, 4 Jane St. Bayfield ON N0M 1G0 (sponsored by BACPA in cooperation with BFIT)
- Week 1: July 11-15
- Week 2: July 18-22
- Week 3: July 25-29
- Week 4: August 2-5, no camp on holiday Monday
- Week 5: Aug. 8-12
- Week 6: Aug. 15-19
- Week 7: Aug. 22-26
Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Bluewater offers drop-off and pick-up hours from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. This allows parents and guardians to drop-off a child before the program begins or have them stay after the program is over. This is considered supervised unstructured free time for campers. Extended drop-off hours are available at the Hensall camp location only from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. for an additional fee.
Drop-off is from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Pick-up is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Early drop-off runs from 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. in Hensall only (additional fees apply).
Please ensure that we have your most up-to-date phone number and email address when registering so that we can reach you.
Due to the high volume of registrations, families will not be contacted after a registration is received. Once a child is registered, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to contact the municipality with any questions or concerns.
Prior to the start of camp, parent/guardians will receive a ‘Welcome to Camp’ email using the email address(s) provided on your registration form that outlines important program-specific information. Please ensure you check your email inbox and junk folder before the activity start date for this information.
As a HIGH FIVE registered organization, the municipality is committed to ensuring every child and youth has a positive sport and recreation experience.
The municipality creates a culture of quality by training all staff in the HIGH FIVE principles of healthy childhood development. This encourages a holistic approach to quality assurance by involving everyone in recreation.
HIGH FIVE is Canada’s only comprehensive quality standard for children’s programs, offering a holistic approach to healthy child development based in years of research.
Quality matters because research shows people are more likely to stay active for life if they have positive experiences in sport, recreation and physical activity as a child.
HIGH FIVE holds true to the following five Principles of healthy child development that the research indicates are essential for providing a positive experience for kids:
- A caring adult
- The opportunity to make friends
- The opportunity to play
- The opportunity to master skills
- The opportunity to participate
Our day camp is for children ages 4 to 12 years old. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by December 31 of the camp year.
- Cost per week: $130
- Cost per day: $30
- Early drop off 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m.: $5 per child (Hensall only)
We offer a discount when multiple children from the same household are attending:
- Per week: $10 off 2nd child, $15 off 3rd+ child
- Per day: $5 off 2nd child, $10 off 3rd+ child
A program subsidy is available through the Huron County, Child Services. For details, contact 519-482-8505 or visit the County's children's services page.
2022 day camp registration opens Thursday, April 14 at 9 a.m.
Space is limited, register early to avoid disappointment.
Bluewater’s Day Camp serves children ages 4 to 12. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by December 31, 2022. Campers must be fully toilet trained to attend camp programs.
Please register using the registration button on this page. A pdf registration form is also available on request. Please contact the administrative assistant for the Facilities department.
In-person during office hours
Hard copy forms and payment (debit, cash, or cheque) may be submitted at the municipal office from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In-person outside of office hours
- Complete the online registration form at any time. Registration is not complete until payment is submitted during office hours, through mail or using the drop box located on the main door of the municipal office (14 Mill Avenue, Zurich ON).
- Hard-copy forms and payment (exact cash or cheque) may be submitted using the drop-box located on the main door of the municipal office (14 Mill Avenue, Zurich ON).
Hard-copy forms and payment may be mailed to the municipal office:
Municipality of Bluewater
ATTN: Facilities Department
14 Mill Avenue
Zurich, Ontario N0M 2T0
*Registration is not complete until payment (cash, debit or cheque) is received at the municipal office. An administration fee of $25 will be levied to all NSF cheques.
Cheques are to be made payable to the Municipality of Bluewater.
Refunds must be made in writing and submitted to the administrative assistant for Facilities or to the day camp coordinator during business hours. All refunds are subject to a $20 administration fee. Refunds will be processed as follows:
- Full Refund (minus admin fee): A full refund with be issued if a cancellation request is received up to and including five business days prior to the activity start date. A full refund (minus admin fee) will be issued at any time in the event of a medical condition that prevents participation with evidence of a doctor’s certificate.
- Partial Refund: A 50% refund will be provided if a cancellation request is received within four or less business days before the activity start date.
- No Refund: If a cancellation request is received on or after the activity start date, no refund will be issued.
We welcomes monetary sponsorship from local businesses and organizations to purchase program materials (i.e. craft supplies), offer specialized in-house programs and keep registration fees affordable for campers.
In return for each $150 sponsorship, your company will be promoted on the Bluewater website and social media, promotion materials and flyers and the weekly camp newsletter that goes home with families.
Cheques can be made payable to the Municipality of Bluewater. For additional information or other sponsorship opportunities and levels please contact the administrative assistant for the Facilities department.
For more information about summer day camp program or our facilities, please contact the administrative assistant to the Facilities department.