Council Highlights—September 18
At its Regular Meeting of Council on September 18th, 2023, Council of the Municipality of Bluewater:
- Amended section 5.2 of the Short Term Rental By-law to limit the time existing applications can be issued for Short-Term Rentals to September 30, 2023.
- Directed staff to purchase short term rental software to conduct online short term rental scouring.
- Directed staff to post a public notice, for a period of one month, inviting citizens to submit confidential online applications for two vacant seats on the Heritage Advisory Committee.
- Accepted the request for drainage works on the Luther-Miller Drain in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act R.S.O. 1990 for repairs and improvements and appointed RJ Burnside & Associates Ltd. to investigate and prepare the report.
- Awarded the installation of a Sidewalk on Bayfield Main Street South (Highway 21) from Cameron Street to the Foodland Plaza Tender to Albeck Construction Inc. in the amount of $66,100.90 excluding HST.
- Approved a single day of leaf collection pick-up in the fall to the lakeshore subdivisions and reduced the leaf collection from 5 weeks to 4 weeks for the current fall green waste service areas of Bayfield, Brucefield, Dashwood, Hensall, Kippen, Varna and Zurich.
- Entered into an agreement with Farm Credit Canada for funding for the replacement of the Hensall Community Centre door and LED lighting.
- Supported in principle the Huron Shores Area Transit application to the Federal Rural Transit Solutions Fund (Capital Stream) for the purchase and installation of bus stop assets.
- Adopted the Community Grant and Vibrancy Fund Policy.
Council agendas and reports can be found by visiting our council portal. Selecting a meeting date from the calendar will open the agenda from that meeting. The agenda contains hyperlinks to the different reports, by-laws, presentations, etc.
If you have questions about the topics appearing in the Council highlights, please contact the responsible departments.