A consent (severance) is required when the property owner wishes to subdivide land. Please review the Municipality of Bluewater Official Plan for policies and requirements for land severances.

Applications for Official Plan amendments, consents (severances) and plans of subdivision/condominium are vetted through the Municipality of Bluewater Council. However, they receive final approval from Huron County.

Please contact the Planner or Planning Coordinator for help with any application or to arrange a pre-consultation meeting to discuss your project.

Planning application

Staff will let you know what information to provide with an application for consent and the timing for the process before you pay the fees.

The fee for a consent or severance is set in our fees and charges by-law.

Zoning By-law 43-2015, as amended, provides information about general provisions applying to all properties within the Municipality of Bluewater plus specific zone provisions such as minimum property frontage and zone area.

The Consolidated Official Plan provides information about general land use policies that lay the framework for development in the Municipality of Bluewater.

You can view property information using aerial imagery and interactive maps developed by the County of Huron Information & Technology Services.

Agency websites

Agencies regulating areas within the Municipality of Bluewater must be consulted with regard to land use planning approvals and construction permits.

Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority

Ministry of Transportation

Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks

Canada Post

Scroll to top