Beginning September 13th, garbage and recycling collection in the village of Hensall and hamlet of Dashwood will move to Tuesdays.
Curbside garbage and recycling collection is provided by Bluewater Recycling Association (BRA). Garbage and recycling are collected on Mondays. Depending on location, your garbage may be picked up on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. The garbage and recycling collection schedule is available from the BRA website.
Each residential home is provided with a small garbage bin (black lid) and large recycling bin (blue lid). If you would like to change the size of your bin, please contact Bluewater Recycling Association at 519-228-6678.
If you need help with any of the following, please contact BRA:
- Reporting a missed collection
- Upgrading or downgrading bin sizes
- Requesting repairs to wheelie bins
Information about the proper disposal of garbage and recycling through curbside collection is available through the BRA website. You can also choose to download the Recycle Coach app which gives you access to collection reminders, access to the pick-up schedule in your area, and more.
The municipality provides two locations for disposing of green waste.
- Stanley Landfill: green waste can be disposed of at the Stanley landfill with a valid blue card when open to the public.
- Hensall Green Waste Depot: Green waste can be dropped off anytime at the green waste depot in Hensall which is located at the end of Richmond Street South.
Seasonal leaf collection
The municipality offers annual green waste collection in the villages of Bayfield, Brucefield, Dashwood, Hensall, Varna and Zurich as follows:
- In the fall, the municipality will post a notice on the municipal website and social media pages with the defined pick-up window.
- In the spring months, green waste collection is available to urban residents in the municipality every Tuesday in April.
- All leaves must be bagged in brown paper bags (not plastic).
- Bagged leaves must be placed at the cub for pick-up.
- Brush or garbage will not be picked up.