Registration will open March 18th through ActiveNet.
Our day camp offers children fun-filled activities all summer long! Through exciting and active adventures, new friends, and caring staff, children will create wonderful memories that last a lifetime.
Each week camp staff plan a variety of themed activities and games. On the Monday of each week, a letter will be sent home with parents/guardians outlining the weekly theme and some of the special activities planned. Activities include outdoor adventures, visits to the splash pad, crafts, games, sports, guest speakers and trips.
Bluewater’s day camp serves children ages 4 to 12. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by the start of their camp week. Campers must be fully toilet trained to attend camp programs.
Our staff to camper ratio is 1:10. All day camp staff are first aid and CPR certified and must complete a successful criminal reference check. Staff training includes, but is not limited to, program planning, inclusion, behavioural management and High Five Principles of Healthy Childhood Development.
Day campers will need to bring with them:
- refillable water bottle
- four nut free snacks and a cold lunch
- towel, sun safe hat, swimsuits and flip flops for water activities
- spare change of clothes
- running shoes (no flip flops or sandals)
- rain hear (boots, coat, etc.)
- sweater or light jacket on cooler days
- a great attitude!
More information about day camp programming and registration is made available in the spring of each year. Please check back for updates.
We are offering two day camp locations:
- Hensall Arena, 157 Oxford St. W., Hensall ON N0M 1X0
- Bayfield Arena, 4 Jane St. Bayfield ON N0M 1G0
- Week 1: July 8-12
- Week 2: July 15-19
- Week 3: July 22-26
- Week 4: July 29-August 2
- Week 5: Aug. 6-9, no camp on holiday Monday
- Week 6: Aug. 12-16
- Week 7: Aug. 19-23
Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Bluewater offers drop-off and pick-up hours from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. This allows parents and guardians to drop-off a child before the program begins or have them stay after the program is over. This is considered supervised unstructured free time for campers.
Drop-off is from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Pick-up is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Before and after care is not available.
Please ensure that we have your most up-to-date phone number and email address when registering so that we can reach you.
Due to the high volume of registrations, families will not be contacted after a registration is received. Once a child is registered, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to contact the municipality with any questions or concerns.
Prior to the start of camp, parent/guardians will receive a ‘Welcome to Camp’ email using the email address(s) provided on your registration form that outlines important program-specific information. Please ensure you check your email inbox and junk folder before the activity start date for this information.
As a HIGH FIVE registered organization, the Municipality is committed to ensuring every child and youth has a positive sport and recreation experience.
The Municipality creates a culture of quality by training all staff in the HIGH FIVE principles of healthy childhood development. This encourages a holistic approach to quality assurance by involving everyone in recreation.
HIGH FIVE is Canada’s only comprehensive quality standard for children’s programs, offering a holistic approach to healthy child development based in years of research.
Quality matters because research shows people are more likely to stay active for life if they have positive experiences in sport, recreation and physical activity as a child.
HIGH FIVE holds true to the following five Principles of healthy child development that the research indicates are essential for providing a positive experience for kids:
- A caring adult
- The opportunity to make friends
- The opportunity to play
- The opportunity to master skills
- The opportunity to participate
Our day camp is for children ages 4 to 12 years old. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by the start of their camp week. Campers must be fully toilet trained to attend camp programs.
Cost per regular week: $136.
Cost for short week (Aug. 6-9): $110.25
Discount (per week): $10 off 2nd child, $15 off 3rd+ child
Discounts are available for families registering more than one child.
Please note that for a variety of reasons, the Municipality of Bluewater is no longer able to offer single day registration for day camp.
A program subsidy is available through the Huron County, Child Services. For details, contact 519-482-8505 or visit the County's children's services page.
Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Payment can be made at the Municipal Office or online (please note there is a 3% processing fee for online payments).
Registration is now done online. Follow these steps to register:
- Navigate to our registration portal.
- Select "sign in/sign up."
- If you do not have an account, select "Join."
- Enter your email address and follow the steps to create a new password for your account.
- Select "Activities."
- Select "Enroll now" on the location and week you would like to register your child.
- Enter details for your child and their registration.
- Select "Check out."
- Review and agree to waivers by electronically signing your name.
- Enter payment details and select "Pay" (there is a 3 percent processing fee to pay online).
Space is limited, register early to avoid disappointment.
Bluewater’s Day Camp serves children ages 4 to 12. Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 by the start of their camp week. Campers must be fully toilet trained to attend camp programs.
In-person during office hours
Hard-copy forms and payment (debit, cash, or cheque) can be submitted at the municipal office from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you registered online, you may also pay at the municipal office. Contact the municipal office to request a hard-copy form.
In-person, outside of office hours
Hard-copy forms and payment (cheques only) may be submitted using the drop-box located on the main door to the municipal office (14 Mill Avenue, Zurich ON).
Hard-copy forms and payment may be mailed to the municipal office:
Municipality of Bluewater
ATTN: Facilities Department
14 Mill Avenue
Zurich, Ontario N0M 2T0
*Registration is not complete until payment (cash, debit or cheque) is received, either during online registration or with cash, cheque or debit at the municipal office. If you registered online, you may also pay by credit card.
An administration fee of $25 will be levied to all NSF cheques.
Make all cheques payable to the Municipality of Bluewater.
Refunds must be made in writing and submitted to the administrative assistant for Facilities or to the day camp coordinator during business hours. All refunds are subject to a $20 administration fee. Refunds will be processed as follows:
- Full Refund (minus admin fee): A full refund with be issued if a cancellation request is received up to and including five business days prior to the activity start date. A full refund (minus admin fee) will be issued at any time in the event of a medical condition that prevents participation with evidence of a doctor’s certificate.
- Partial Refund: A 50 percent refund will be provided if a cancellation request is received within four business days or less before the activity start date.
- No Refund: If a cancellation request is received on or after the activity start date, no refund will be issued.
We welcome monetary sponsorship from local businesses and organizations to purchase program materials (i.e. craft supplies), offer specialized in-house programs and keep registration fees affordable for campers.
In return for each sponsorship, your company will be promoted on the Bluewater website and social media, promotion materials and flyers and the weekly camp newsletter that goes home with families.
Cheques can be made payable to the Municipality of Bluewater. For a copy of our day camp sponsorship or other sponsorship opportunities and levels, please contact the recreation coordinator.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their generous support that went towards our guest visitors, supplies, materials, snacks, crafts, freezies, sports equipment and many more things that helped our camp run smoothly.
Thank you to our 2023 sponsors:
- Bayfield Community Center
- Bayfield Arena Community Partners Association
- General Coach
- Paul Bunyan Lake Front Resort
- Clark Multi- Trade Contractors Inc
- The Albion
- Elders Enterprises LTD
- Optimist Club Bayfield
- B.M. Ross and Associates Limited
- Easy Building Products LTD
- Hay Communications
- Turkheim Printing
- Viking Cives LTD
- Forever Furniture
- Bayfield Foodland
- Berard Plumbing
- Seebach & Company CPA
- Key Farms
- Van Den Berg Millwrighting
- Bayfield Rec Sales
- Stacey Palen Services
- Dave Regier Construction
- Rowcliffe Trucking
- Huron Ridge
- Lawn Master
- Market Farms
- Durand Heating
- Town and Country Bowl Zurich
- Microage Basics
- Jenly Farms Zurich- Jenna and Billy Van Den Brand
- Brandon Hardware
- Village Bookshop
- The Bayfield Town Hall
- Bayfield International Croquet Club
- Hensall Co-Op